VacationWired.com values your patronage and is committed to protecting your privacy. We respect your right to privacy and employ the highest levels of security to keep your personal information strictly confidential.
As a user of VacationWired.com's online reservations service and certain other features, you are asked to provide us with some personal information during the registration process. This information is used solely for the purpose of defining your travel needs so that we can serve you more efficiently each time you return to our site. It enables us to:
- Store key details, including your name and travel preferences, so you donâ€™t have to enter the same information each time that you make reservations on our system.
- Locate and price the best travel rates available for you based on your profile.
All personal-profile information is stored in our offline databases and accessed only for the purposes of assisting you with future online transactions.
Our Site is Secure
When you enter our secure server, you are protected by the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, utilized by most popular browsers, including Netscape and Microsoft Explorer. This technology allows us to use the most advanced encryption tools necessary to protect information transmitted between your computer and our server. Through encryption, the personal information you enter is converted into code that is then securely dispatched over the Internet.
- Our secure server encrypts all of your personal information, including your name, address, and credit-card information, so that it cannot be read as it is transmitted over the Internet.
- Encrypted information received by VacationWired.com is shared only with the travel providers (i.e., airline, hotel, and car rental) that you select in your reservation.
- Only information necessary to complete the reservation is shared with these travel providers.
How Cookies Work
Many Web sites, including VacationWired.com, use cookie technology to help users navigate efficiently. When you make selections or set preferences on our site, our site will send a request to your Web browser to record some (but not all) of your selections in a "cookie" file. The cookie is a small text file that resides on your hard drive. From time to time, our site will request the cookie from your browser so that we can retrieve the stored information and you do not have to make the same selections over and over again.